How to Remove Dead SkinPosted by monsterguide
How to Remove Dead Skin
There’s always one thing that stops you from getting the pleasant and youthful glow you want: dead skin. As skin revitalizes, it sheds off dead skin. Oftentimes, this appears as flakes or peeling. It can be unsightly, but don’t worry, because there are ways to remove dead skin.
Dead Skin On The Face
What You’ll Need:
- Gentle facial cleaner
- Skin care oil or moisturizer
- Buffing sponge or washcloth
- Clear tape
- Use warm water and a gentle cleanser to wash your face. To exfoliate, use the facial buffing sponge or washcloth. Apply the cleanser to the sponge or washcloth, then rub all over your face gently, in circular motion. Afterwards, rinse your face and pat it dry.
- Find the peeling areas where the dead skin is very visible. Apply a clear piece of scotch tape across it, press firmly, then pull away the tape. The dead skin will be lifted, and sticking on the tape. Repeat this, but don’t overdo it. Only remove those that are starting to peel away; don’t force or scratch the excess skin away or it might bleed.
- Get a handful of sugar, then rub it against your face, applying enough force until there’s a slight stinging feeling. Do this repeatedly for a minute. Rinse off with cold water then finish with warm water. Pat dry.
- Apply facial oil or moisturizer to the dry facial areas, locking in moisture and preventing further drying.
Dead Skin On Your Feet
What You’ll Need:
- Pumice stone
- Warm water
- Epsom salt
- Cotton socks
- Cut your toenails, so the dead skin from the tips of the toes can be removed, too.
- Fill a basin with warm water and add half a cup of Epsom salt. Stir the water in completely to mix it well.
- Soak your feet in the Epsom-water mixture for ten minutes, allowing them to soak. Not only will this loosen the dead skin, but it will also soothe your aching foot muscles.
- Scrub your feet with pumice stone, vigorously but gently at the same time. Don’t scrub too hard, or you might cause scratches and bleeding among the healthy skin layers.
- Wash your feet in warm water and pat dry with a towel. Rub on some lotion and slip into cotton socks, to soften the skin further.
Knowing how to remove dead skin will assure you that you’ll always have lovely, glowing skin. Just follow these steps, and get rid of this problem effectively.
How to Remove Dead Skin Image Gallery