How To Convert AVI to DVDPosted by
How To Convert AVI to DVD
Today, many camcorders and digital cameras record videos in AVI format. You can view these on your recording tool or on the PC, but if you want the video to be easily viewable on your television, you’ll have to convert it to DVD format first. Here’s how.
What You’ll Need:
- AVI files
- Internet connection
- Conversion software
- DVD burner
- Blank rewritable DVDs
- Camcorder or digital camera with connector
- You need to transfer your videos to the PC first before you can convert them. Connect the digital camera or camcorder to the PC using a connector, then copy the AVI files you want to convert. One reminder: Make sure you put the files in individual folders, to avoid mixing them up. This also allows you to work on a file at once.
- Open your video converter. If you don’t have one yet, download one from the Internet. You can find a few that allows free download, but most of the legitimate and reliable video file converters today, such as WinAVI, require a certain fee before they can be installed. Find one that you feel would suit you, then download it.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions given by the installation wizard. You may need to enter a registration code or name, otherwise, you won’t get the good video quality you’re looking for. For example, if you’re downloading WinAVI and you don’t have a code and name, a watermark will appear, reminding you that you have to register the program first. It will make your videos difficult to watch.
- Locate the AVI files you’re converting. You can either make separate DVDs, merge the video files under one title, or put them under separate titles on one DVD.
- Make sure your output directory and the format is set. It should default to DVD, so the output format doesn’t have to be changed. Proceed with the conversion.
- Wait for the conversion process to finish. The conversion time depends on the file size and video length.
- Once the conversion is finished, burn the DVD to blank DVD cds using your PC’s DVD burner. Pop the DVD in your player and enjoy!
- Be careful when downloading software, and make sure you don’t get any virus or spyware.
- Ask your friends or family which video converter software they’d recommend.
- Always keep your DVDs clean and scratch-free, so the videos will always come out in their best quality.