How to Blow Smoke RingsPosted by
How to Blow Smoke Rings
Most regular smokers just puff out smoke in a non-impressive way, but if you’re a show off, one trick you can do is make smoke rings. It’s cool and attention-grabbing, so if you’re dying to learn how to do it, here’s how to blow smoke rings.
What You’ll Need:
- A cigar, cigarette, hookah, shisha or tobacco pipe
- A lighter
- Pick a smoking material that creates thick smoke. If you’re using shisha, hookah, cigar or tobacco pipe, you’ll have no problem, but if you opt for a cigarette chances are you’ll end up with thin smoke. Pick out cigarettes like full-flavored, menthols or 100s. Lighter kinds create thinner smoke.
- Pack the cigarettes in the best way you can. Packing means striking the pack’s top on your hand or on a hard, flat surface, condensing the tobacco to the filter, so the paper space at the top is left empty.
- Light the cigarette, enjoying the first few drags. Afterwards, take another drag, but longer than the usual. The more smoke in your mouth, the more you’ll have to work with.
- Inhale the smoke partially, enough to keep the smoke in your throat. It might make you cough, so you’ll have to get used to it a bit.
- Keep your mouth closed, then draw your tongue backwards to your throat. Your tongue must be pointing down to the bottom of your mouth, so the smoke will move away from your lips.
- Form an “O” shape with your mouth, sticking your lips out as if you’re making an “oo” sound. Make the circle as comfortably big as you can. Leave a bit of room for movement. You’ll look a bit weird to other people, but don’t mind them.
- Slowly push small amounts of smoke out. To do this, make a sound as if you’re sighing. You’ll feel some pressure and a quick burst of smoke. Don’t use your vocal chords, though.
- As you feel the smoke leaving your lips, push your tongue forward, but it should still be pointing downwards. At the same time. bring your lower jaw slightly, but quickly, upwards. Tuck your lips slightly inwards. This gives the smoke a “spin”, creating a ring and allowing it to stay tight.
A Few Reminders
- Try to do this in a place with no wind. Making smoke rings with wind blowing every now and then can be difficult.
- Don’t blow smoke rings in another person’s face.
- Don’t litter the place with cigarette butts.
- Smoking is dangerous to your health, causing lung and liver disease. As much as you’d like to master this trick, smoke in moderation.
Impress your friends with the cool smoke rings you blow. Soon, they be ohh-ing and ahh-ing, and will beg you to show them how to do it!